Thursday, September 17, 2009

Irony of Life




You know, life is funny. I have told myself that I am starting to get a little older and that my body is just not as strong as it used to be. However, I still thought the I could go out there and run around with the young kids in my platoon. I let them talk me into playing on a flag football team with them and now have a swollen ankle to show for it. It was our first game and I was feeling good. The THIRD play into the game, I jumped up for a pass and came down on an opposing players foot. The toe of my cleat caught in the ground and my ankle proceeded to twist all the way around making a cracking and popping sound the whole time. I was rushed to the ER in an ambulance where they made me sit around for 4 hours before seeing me. ( I hate Army Healthcare.) The good news is that nothing was broken. They think I only dislocated my ankle...yeah they said only.... It was the most painful thing I have ever went thru. The irony of this story is that I have been in the Army for 11 years and have been on 5 deployments and have never had so much as a scratch. Then when I am in the states playing a seemingly harmless game of flag football, I cause the worst injury of my life.... Life is funny....

1 comment:

  1. Ouchie! I am sorry that happened to you. I am glad this is the only injury you have had though. I wouldn't want you to get hurt overseas...it would probably be a lot worse. Take it easy bubba and keep me posted. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete